Monday, January 13, 2014

Summer Weddings!


So, did anyone tell you how hard doing cakes was when your are VERY pregnant and EXTREMELY tired??  Well, let me tell you...it's not easy!  I had two weddings this summer.  The first one was just for cupcakes and a small cutting cake.  The brides colors were black, white and lime green.  She wanted a black flower on all of the cupcakes and the stencil on the cutting cake.  I've never done a stencil before so I was super nervous but it turned out really well!  I didn't get a chance to get great photos of either of these cakes as I was so tired when I was done that I just forgot all about photos!

So...wedding #1




Wedding #2 was WAYYYYY more difficult.  It was like 100 degrees outside and the bride wanted CREAM CHEESE ICING!  Cream Cheese!  So, cream cheese gets super soft under fondant and softens it - resulting in wrinkles.  The top and bottom tier of this cake were covered in much sturdier icings but the middle, which had the cream cheese, did start to wrinkle a bit from the house to the event.  I was soooo dissapointed.  I've made a new rule that I won't do cream cheese under fondant for weddings.  It's just too touchy.  But I still like how the cake turned out.




1 comment:

  1. Delightful! I am sure these cakes are delicious. My aunt has just started her own bakery and I am very excited about it, as she is going to bake my wedding cake. My wedding is around the corner and I am getting married in one of the same Seattle Wedding venues where my parents tied the knot.

    ReplyDelete